Ephesians 6:7

Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men. Ephesians 6:7

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Balancing it all is like juggling elephants!

Hi! I have been in school for about a month now. Sorry for ignoring you for so long but I greatly underestimaed how being a mother and a full time student would take up my time. Even though it has been difficult including tears the first week leaving my babies with my mother for several hours twice a week I am doing really well. I love being in school. I'm a nerd like that! Yesterday in my anatomy class we watched a knee replacement and I caught myself talking to the video! I am only slightly insane I promise! I only have one more class to take before I can enter the nursing program so that is when it's really going to get hard. I could wait and do it when my babies are older I just feel compelled to do it NOW. So maybe my house doesn't sparkle anymore (or maybe it ever did! lol.), so maybe we hit the drive thru more than I would like, and maybe I get even less sleep than before, but it's all worth it.

My only fear is that my kids will miss my presence when I am at school. I have been a stay at home mom since Isaac was born over three years ago. They are staying with their Nana so I know they are loved and taken care of when I am at school but a Mama always worries. I hope my kids can find strength in the fact that I am finding strength in them to pursue my dream of being a nurse. I feel so incredibly blessed to be a Mommy and a Wife and through those two roles my confidence has soared. They have allowed me to see myself in a totally different light. I am no longer afraid; I am courageous! My kids have taught me this. So maybe being a full time Mommy and full time student is like juggling elephants but I have to say I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment