Ephesians 6:7

Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men. Ephesians 6:7

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Serving Him by serving others

Today I am trying to focus on how I serve my God by serving others. Sometime I am so overwhelmed by the thought that I may not be doing enough! How do I know that I am making an impact on the Kingdom if I have no tangible proof. I have a difficult time wrapping my mind around what I can do to better this world. Who am I but a mama, a wifey, and a student. I clean house, change diapers, cook, volunteer at church, sing, study, and then I press repeat on my life for the next day. Sure I volunteer at the church's food bank, but I'm sure I could do more. The leaders seem to struggle to get everything done because there seems to never be enough help. But how can I do more.... Sometimes I have to think that by simply raising my children, and be a good wife HAS  to be enough.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though my life may look rather simple to those outside of my world I am doing my best to serve my God by serving my children and husband. I have such a sense of accomplishment when I teach my son to do something new, or I feed my daughter, or when my husband walks through the door to a calm, clean house. I want to serve Him by serving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment